Applications for the Resident Programme of The Startup Centre, Chennai, Now Open!
The Resident Programme is a Co-working Initiative by The Startup Centre. The initiative is primarily driven to accommodate founding teams of early stage startups that are probably working on their ideas, and prototypes and in most circumstances stand to benefit in the company of like minded entrepreneurs who are also building products.
The Resident programme, will function in batches and the call for applications for the first batch of The Startup Centre Chennai, opened as of today. It will close on April 22nd. We are looking for 10 – 15 Teams (20 individual in total) who will be working out of the TSC premises. This would be out of our premise in Chennai at the Alsa Mall in Egmore.
There is a certain cost attached to it. Single Founders working out of there will be charged a monthly fee of Rs. 7500 and Two founder teams will be charged Rs. 10,000 per month and the period of this service is for a period of six months. The intent is that in six months once your prototype, and first set of clients are identified, and as the team expands, it might be time to move out. And Yes we are purposefully leaning towards two founder teams (a startup might be too much for one person)
Here are Ten Reasons Why You should Consider being part of the Resident Programme:
- Imagine a hackathon/barcamp like environment Everyday of the Year. Its Entrepreneurs working like their life depends on it everyday – beats sitting at home reading Tec crunch and wondering what’s happening in Silicon Valley.
- Entrepreneurs in the same stage are the best place to sharpen your idea and deepen the value proposition. Most ideas simply are shallow to survive the first cut of market reality. But you’d have to be around awesome entrepreneurs for that to happen.
- We can learn something new everyday. That only happens when you are in an environment which pushes you to do so. If the beta testing of TSC is anything to go by, we are learning something new, just by being an observer.
- A Hub to aggregate the energy of the Local Startup Ecosystem and cross border learning. Be at the Centre of it.
- Share and Borrow the skill sets of each other – If you are a designer, trade that skill for someone’s skill to architect your system. We know you might not have the money to hire people, but you might have a skill to trade. Hustling is part of the Startup Process.
- Experienced Mentors who are around to poke and nudge when required, to keep you on target. They won’t do your work for you, but will certainly keep you on track when you need a voice of reason.
- Form the Apex of the Startup Ecosystem and the Benefit of Association, with a brand that carries trust by people who have been pioneers of the Indian Startup Ecosystem. Nothing says it more.
- Leverage the brand to attract talent, be it interns or a workforce to take your vision forward.
- Public rumor would tell you that we are based out of a location ( http://bit.ly/hYlIfu ) that’s quite close to the heart of the city, in a kickass address, with proximity to eateries that are up through the night – at a cost that is startup friendly.
- A lot of peer driven support to make your ideas spread wings and fly.
Please note that not all companies that apply will be selected for the programme. We will have a selection criteria based on the kind of product/service the teams are working on, the stage they are at, the skill sets they bring to the table etc and various parameters that will help us give an idea of the synergies that the overall programme will yield for all the entrepreneurs who are part of it.
Also note that the Resident Programme is not an incubation Programme. While there will be a lot of peer driven support, and we have firsthand experience to believe that they are the best kind of support you can get, there will not be any formal mentor support or funding guarantees etc (that incubators generally tend to promise) attached with this programme.
Apply via http://rapply.thestartupcentre.com